We are excited about the new traffic lights and pedestrian upgrades at the the intersection of LIBERTY & MILLVALE. There are also some new [and easy-to-understand] traffic patterns installed to prioritize pedestrian safety at this busy intersection.
These new traffic lights and traffic patterns feature:
– Flashing yellow left turn arrows to discourage the “Pittsburgh Left” on Millvale.
– Pedestrian head start signals (3 seconds before green lights turn on for drivers).
– Pedestrian countdown timers.
– Acoustic pedestrian signals and buttons for the visually impaired.
– Piano key style crosswalks.
Familiarize yourself with the new traffic patterns and pedestrians upgrads in the video below.