– Bloomfield Livable Streets –
is an independent community organization composed of concerned residents and business owners. As stakeholders in a vibrant, dense, and heavily traveled urban neighborhood, we advocate for infrastructural enhancements that promote accessibility and safety for all users of Bloomfield streets.
– Objectives –
– Promote implementation of principles of street design that balance pedestrian, cyclist, public transport, and motorist usage;
– Formulate a local approach to placemaking in Bloomfield – including a plan for the management, preservation, and better design of our public spaces – that balances a respect for our neighborhood’s unique history with contemporary needs;
– Work inclusively with Bloomfield homeowners, renters, and business owners in order to identify common concerns; and,
– Develop partnerships with other community and city organizations to create strategies for streetscape improvement and public outreach.