Bloomfield 311 Brigade is our neighborhood’s grassroots effort in reporting infrastructure issues that are affecting Bloomfield’s quality of life. Issues such as potholes, overflowing garbage cans, graffiti, overgrown grass, speeding drivers – any “non-emergency” issue.
Why are we doing this? One outcome of our 2017 Vision Meeting and 2017 Vision Survey was a desire to bring more hands-on, on the ground events for BLS. And one event which was suggested to address immediate issues was a local 311 campaign. Thus, BLS and its members launched Club 311!
2 GOALS OF BLOOMFIELD 311 BRIGADE:
1.) Awareness; and
BLS aims to educate our neighbors on how to use the city’s 311 Response Center.
There are 6 easy ways to notify the city of a non-emergency issues:
1. Download the MyBurgh Smartphone App
2. Tweet @PGH311
3. Dial 3-1-1 for a live operator, M-F, 7am – 7pm
4. Text 412-328-2771
5. TeleTYpewriter 412-255-8647
6. Submit an online-form HERE!
BLS aims to use the power of crowd-sourcing to learn about issues, and spread the word among our members to also submit service requests. A modernized phone tree.
There are 3 easy ways to share your 311 service request with us to share:
1. Tag or message us on facebook at @BloomfieldLivableStreets
2. Email us at bloomfieldstreets[at]gmail[dot]com
// UPDATE //
Bloomfield Saturday Market-lover (and BLS member) Ngani Ndimbie is coordinating a YUMMY Bloomfield 311 Brigade incentive. At the next 6 monthly meetings (starting in April), each person who shows proof of putting in a 311 request will be entered into a raffle for 5 Bloomfield Saturday Market tokens ($5 value)!
To enter the monthly raffle:
1. Bring your proof of a submitted service request to our monthly meetings;
2. Email your proof of a submitted service request to bloomfieldstreets[at]gmail[dot]com
Monthly Winners will be posted here. Game on!
April – Drawing 4/25
May – Drawing 5/23
June – Drawing 6/27
July – Drawing 7/25
August – Drawing 8/22
September – Drawing 9/26